The Skywriter HPX is X-Laser’s next-generation professional laser system. The Skywriter HPX model was designed to seamlessly transition from creating thick, high-impact beam shows one night to projecting crisp graphics the next. As X-Laser’s take on the multi-tool, the Skywriter HPX seamlessly blends efficient power with a solid, compact fixture to create a perfect option for rental and install applications. With its sealed optics that help reduce maintenance intervals, deep DMX control and smart diode technology, the Skywriter HPX is perfect for creating awesome effects for shows up to 2,000 guests. (The Skywriter HPX M-2 is also available with X-Laser Mercury Control)
- 2W balanced RGB laser engine
- Single-mode, direct-injection diodes for great modulation and reliability
- Matched diode sets for better beam quality
- Dramatic, thick beams create high-impact laser shows while well-matched colors create clean graphic projections
- 1,000+ vivid laser colors
- Best-in-class color mixing technology
- ILDA-standard 30,000PPS (30K) precise graphics scanners
- Sealed optical deck and rugged chassis reduce maintenance intervals, even during road use
- Rugged and compact anodized aluminum housing
- Control modes: ILDA, DMX
- Double quality checked in a 26-point inspection prior to shipping
- X-Laser no-hassle warranty eligible (6 months for diodes, 1 year mechanical)
- Class 4 High-Powered Laser; FDA Variance required. EZ Variance Kit available separately
- Plastic molded road case with custom foam sold separately
You’re always in complete control
Unleash your creativity without sacrificing control or safety, thanks to the Skywriter HPX’s 24-channel DMX and ILDA compatibility.
Bold Beams. Crisp Graphics. No Compromises
The Skywriter HPX can produce thick, vibrant aerial beams as well as sharp, clean graphics projections virtually anywhere.
Full-analog color mixing
The Skywriter HPX can project more than 1,000 colors precisely enough to render different color temperatures, ranging from red-heavy dusky white to bright blue white.
High power, small size, no compromises
With a footprint smaller than many popular tablets, the Skywriter HPX has been engineered to be an all-around performer that packs a big punch into a compact fixture.
Designed for rentals and production
With a rugged housing and wide-ranging effect flexibility, the Skywriter HPX was engineered specifically to serve the vast artistic possibilities demanded by rental houses, production companies and high-end installation applications.
Certified to the world’s toughest quality standards
All X-Laser projectors are all certified to comply with U.S. FDA standards and also comply with applicable IEC, UL, ETL, CSA & ROHS standards.
- Control: 24-channel DMX, ILDA
- Scanners: High-speed, closed-loop galvanometers, max scan angle 45 degrees, 30K PPS at 8-degrees
- Settings interface: DIP switches for DMX
- Color modulation: Analog via ILDA, 1,000+ colors
- Laser energy: 2W raw (500mW R, 500mW G, 1W B)
- Beam source: Direct-injection diode modules
- Wavelengths: 638nm red, 520nm green, 445nm blue
- Physical: 13”L x 15”W x 9.4”H; 15lbs (310mm x 381mm x 239mm, 6.8kg)
- Housing type: Anodized 6061 aluminum
- Power draw: 40W typical, 85W peak
- Power: 150W PowerCON compatible in/out, 5x20mm 250V 6.3A fast-acting fuse
- Beam divergence:6 mRad
- Cooling: Forced air through heat sink and TEC
- FDA/IEC hazard class: Class 4
- International safety: IEC 60825-1 ed. 2007
- FDA/CDRH:10 and 1040.11(c)
- Canadian safety: CSA C.22.2 No. 60950-1
- EU safety: EN 60825-1, EN 60950