Laser control for lighting people.
Mercury is X-Laser’s laser projector control system, built completely from the ground up for direct lighting console control. Featuring DMX+RDM, Art-Net and Streaming ACN protocol, Mercury-equipped laser fixtures can be used from a lighting console just like any typical top-brand moving light.
Mercury is the solution for large laser arrays working in conjunction with traditional moving-head fixtures – all controlled from the same console.
Fast. Simple. Reliable.
Designers and programmers can quickly and reliably use Mercury, without worrying about special cables or a separate control station.
Laser control for LDs
Mercury will be compatible with all the major lighting consoles. We’re bringing lasers to lighting pros, not the other way around.
- Connect and control using DMX, RDM, Art-Net and sACN
- Fully integrated control system, no external dongle/box required
- 400+ gobos and dozens (50+) of color/motion effect presets
- Four fully independent pattern builders per fixture
- 80 DMX channels for single-pattern control, 300+ channels for multi-pattern control
Mercury Firmware and Profiles available on our support page
What LDs are saying about Mercury:
“When I come at it from a pure Lighting Designer’s perspective and not a pure Laserist or hybrid perspective, this is EXACTLY what I wanted from a DMX/Artnet laser device. Artnet/RDM/DMX built in and work out of the box. The device features a small LCD screen GUI with a smooth interface, multiple control modes, ease of setup, and the hardware itself is rock solid.
Q: “Which projector is Mercury?”
A: Mercury isn’t a projector – it’s an integrated control system that goes into X-Laser projectors, allowing custom DMX control without a computer.
Q: “Does Mercury work with grandMA, Jands Vista, Hog, ChamSys, and other pro lighting consoles?”
A: Yes! Currently, we have fixture profiles built and ready for Avolites, grandMA, Onyx, Hog, ETC, Jands Vista, ChamSys and more!
Q: “What kind of pattern manipulators are built into the Mercury control system?
A: Mercury allows for up to six fully independent pattern builders per fixture. Mercury also functions with the powerful effect engines already built into professional lighting consoles, as a way to quickly create coordinated effects across large arrays of fixtures (lasers and conventional). The built-in modifiers inside Mercury include:
– Two stages of size, position and rotation control
– Dual wave modulators
– Dual effect systems
– Variable-geometry prism manipulation
– Color effects over the entire pattern or parts of the pattern
– Free-form mesh for zone correction
– Color, wave and effect controls at various positions in the sequence for a vast range of looks
Q: “How many DMX personalities/channels does Mercury include?
A: Depending on the mode Mercury equipped systems can use as few as 28 channels or as many as 384.