Laser control for lighting people.
Mercury is X-Laser’s laser projector control system, built completely from the ground up for direct lighting console control. Featuring DMX+RDM, Art-Net and Streaming ACN protocol, Mercury-equipped laser fixtures can be used from a lighting console just like any typical top-brand moving light.
Mercury is the solution for large laser arrays working in conjunction with traditional moving-head fixtures—all controlled from the same console.
Fast. Simple. Reliable.
Designers and programmers can quickly and reliably use Mercury, without worrying about special cables or a separate control station.
Laser control for LDs
Mercury is compatible with all the major lighting consoles. We’re bringing lasers to lighting pros, not the other way around.
- Connect and control using DMX, RDM, Art-Net and sACN
- Fully integrated control system, no external dongle/box required
- 400+ gobos and dozens (50+) of color/motion effect presets
- Four fully independent pattern builders per fixture
- 80 DMX channels for single-pattern control, 300+ channels for multi-pattern control
Mercury firmware and fixture profiles for all of the major brands (Hog, MA, Avolites, Elation, Martin, ChamSys, ETC and more) are all available on our support page.
What LDs are saying about Mercury:
“When I come at it from a pure lighting designer’s perspective and not a pure laserist or hybrid perspective, this is EXACTLY what I wanted from a DMX/Art-Net laser device. Art-Net/RDM/DMX built in and work out of the box. The device features a small LCD screen GUI with a smooth interface, multiple control modes, easy setup, and the hardware itself is rock-solid.
Q: “Which projector is Mercury?”
A: Mercury isn’t a projector – it’s an integrated control system that goes into X-Laser projectors, allowing custom DMX control without a computer.
Q: “Does Mercury work with grandMA, Jands Vista, Hog, ChamSys, and other pro lighting consoles?”
A: Yes! Currently, we have fixture profiles built and ready for Avolites, grandMA, Onyx, Hog, ETC, Jands Vista, ChamSys and more!
Q: “What kind of pattern manipulators are built into the Mercury control system?
A: Mercury allows for up to six fully independent pattern builders per fixture. Mercury also functions with the powerful effect engines already built into professional lighting consoles, as a way to quickly create coordinated effects across large arrays of fixtures (lasers and conventional). The built-in modifiers inside Mercury include:
– Two stages of size, position and rotation control
– Dual wave modulators
– Dual effect systems
– Variable-geometry prism manipulation
– Color effects over the entire pattern or parts of the pattern
– Free-form mesh for zone correction
– Color, wave and effect controls at various positions in the sequence for a vast range of looks
Q: “How many DMX personalities/channels does Mercury include?
A: Depending on the mode, Mercury equipped systems can use as few as 28 channels or as many as 384.