The Skywriter HPX M-2 is the most affordable way to access X-Laser’s Mercury laser control system in a fixture that is truly road ready.
The Skywriter HPX M-2 is ideal for small and medium-sized productions where vibrant laser effects can stand out on their own or be used to complement other effect lighting. Lighting professionals can easily integrate the M-2 into their lighting rigs and control it in unison with the rest of their lighting, from just about any major console or lighting controller. The Skywriter HPX M-2 has 2W of full RGB laser power and can be used indoors or outdoors, in venues with audiences of up to 1,000 guests.
The Skywriter HPX M-2 is the lower-power, lower-cost sibling of our most popular projector, the Skywriter HPX M-5, and combined with our Mercury control system allows for large arrays of lasers with incredible capabilities, all controlled from a lighting console to create amazing cascading movement, dimmer and color chases.
As an added bonus, you'll get our Laser Operator Course for free with purchase; a $150 value!
Compliance note: All laser shows in the U.S. must have a remote interlock system (also called an E-Stop) accessible to the laser operator(s) at all times. For our Mobile Beat and Skywriter systems, the X-Laser EtherStop is the perfect solution.
- 2W balanced RGB laser engine
- Single-mode, direct-injection diodes for great modulation and reliability
- Matched diode sets for better beam quality
- Mercury laser control system with the master and basic profiles including:
- 450+ gobos
- 11 digital prisms
- 50 color macros
- 60 motion macros with variable speed and amplitude
- 5-pin DMX
- Large, matte-finish LCD interface
- Art-Net connectivity (upgradable to our etherStop system)
- Sealed optical deck and rugged chassis reduce maintenance intervals, even during road use
- Rugged and compact anodized aluminum housing
- Double quality checked in a 26-point inspection prior to shipping
- X-Laser no-hassle warranty eligible (6 months for diodes, 1 year mechanical)
- Class 4 High-Powered Laser; FDA Variance required. EZ Variance Kit available separately
- Plastic molded road case with custom foam sold separately
Direct compatibility with lighting consoles
With X-laser’s Mercury laser projector control system, the Skywriter HPX M-2 functions just like any other moving-head fixture when connected to a pro console.
Huge value helps make huge laser arrays
The lower cost of the Skywriter HPX M-2 enables arrays controlled from a lighting console to create amazing cascading movement, dimmer and color chases.
Bold Beams. Crisp Graphics. No Compromises
With ILDA-standard 30K graphics scanners the Skywriter HPX M-2 can produce thick, vibrant aerial beams as well as sharp and stunningly bright graphics, logos, text and animated projections up to 100 feet tall.
Designed for rentals and production
With a rugged housing, sealed optical deck and wide-ranging effect flexibility, the Skywriter HPX M-2 was engineered specifically to serve the vast artistic possibilities demanded by rental houses, production companies and high-end installation applications.
Certified to the world’s toughest quality standards
All X-Laser projectors are all certified to comply with U.S. FDA standards and also comply with applicable IEC, UL, ETL, CSA & ROHS standards.